Skip to main content

Let's get real...

It's rainy again, the time change has thrown us off and half the kids are still sleeping.  Jonas is up with me, playing on the iPad, The View is on in the background and my coffee's already getting cold.  Lulu the dog has been vomiting for two days, on and off, and still having accidents in the house daily.  The fridge needs to be filled, meals need to planned for the week, I fed the kids popcorn for lunch yesterday.  The laundry has barely been started and the house is partially clean.  We crafted with beads yesterday.  Bailey and John got a haircut. I didn't wash last night's dishes yet.  Did I mention it's still raining?  Bailey had a late rehearsal last night, foggy and raining, nearly hit a deer.  Slept till 9:00.  Spring break officially started today.  Let's hope things get a bit more exciting around here than this!

Real life isn't very exciting to write about, so again...I haven't written in a while, even though I promised not to be a stranger.  We haven't really been "busy", that over used word that creates a sense of importance.  No, it's not been busy around here at all.  Just not all that exciting.  Day to day life flies by with a whole lot of nothingness sometimes.  I know not a lot is going on by my camera feed on my phone.  However, there have been a few fun moments...



A field trip to the San Antonio Aquarium.



Shopping with this girl...new jeans, t-shirt and Women's shoes!?!?!

Hanging out at Trinity University while Bailey enjoyed a
Master class by Branford Marsalis.

A YOSA performance at the Tobin Center.

Celebrating Nana's birthday at Grimaldi's.


A lazy Saturday with the kids.  Lorelei can play a mean game of Mancala!
She beat me several times!

We did a little drawing that day too...I can still draw, with a little guidance!

Savannah takes after me...making flubber just for fun.

And the most perfect sugar cookies ever!  Savannah made them entirely by herself
from start to finish.  She found the recipe, gathered the ingredients, mixed, rolled and baked them
to perfection!

Signs of spring...I just love the mountain laurel.

Lorelei's first slumber party.


 
 
The view from my front porch has been looking like this for a few weeks.  My friends up north are tired of snow...I'm tired of the gray skies and rain.  Remind me of this in the dead heat of summer!
 
 
Real life is not always blog worthy material...but it is real.
 
Happy Spring break friends.  Here's hoping we see the sunshine soon!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...