Skip to main content

Things are going okay...

They really are, things are going okay. February flew by in a flurry...and I mean literally. Spring break crept up on us faster than ever. Somedays it feels as if we are just going through the motions of everyday life. It's been quite ordinary around here. But sticking with my word of the year, beauty, I have had to remind myself there is beauty, even in the ordinary day to day. 

~~February

We hit the courts a few times this month. This random Monday night just the boys wanted to play. It's a rarity to get to spend time alone with these two. I loved it!




Valentine's day always turns out to be a nice day at school for me (although it was actually Feb, 12th that we observed it). It's so sweet how my students like to share their love and make us feel special as teachers. 



My own kids are never to old to enjoy traditions like pink pancakes on Valentine's day. 



The biggest treat this Valentine's day was the snow storm! Around 10:00 that night the snow started and just kept on coming!


 
By the morning...I couldn't believe my eyes!






Delilah the dog LOVED the snow!


The week evolved into crazy journey. Many homes and families were without electricity. We were lucky to keep our electricity going the whole week, but we did lose water by Tuesday. Luckily our outside hose still worked! We got creative for sure. 



It was a super lazy week...lots of sleep and snuggles.
 

Alejandro, Savannah's boyfriend stayed with us since he had no electricity at his house. We helped him start off his birthday. 




It also snowed all day Thursday...We had an entire snow week off from school. Something I would have never guess would have happened here in Texas. 


And it was gone by Friday...


We celebrated my parents birthday with a get together, after my dad's birthday dinner was cancelled due to the snow storm. We celebrated them both on my mom's actual birthday, February 22. 




We had a girls night out to celebrate Nana on her own.


~~ March

I had a return to the theater this month. I helped with a skit for our school's dedication, which included me starring as myself in the skit! It was fun, but surprisingly hard work filming. 



An early Spring break was welcomed after the fast and "flurrious" pace of February. It's been a mellow week, which I have mixed feelings about. I wish I could relax and realize it doesn't have to be packed with activities and outings to be a great break. 

Food, friends and the outdoors are activities that always put smiles on our faces. 





Jonas and I had a solo outing to Eisenhower Park, which I loved. It's really special to get to spend one on one time with each kid. This week I managed an outing of some kind, with each of the kids by themselves.  



Nana likes to join in on our shenanigans. It was great to get to have all four kids together for the last day of our Spring Break.
 



Poor Savannah didn't have Spring break this week. Hers is next week. But she made the most of it by studying while we went for a walk. 


Daylight Savings begins tonight and Spring is just around the corner. Bailey is moving out this month and Savannah will be moving in August to Austin. Big changes are coming and I am savoring every moment I can. 

Happy early Spring from the Boyen Bunch!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Less is more...

less stress less work less talking less people pleasing less saying yes less social media less noise less chaos less guilt And most importantly... less explaining myself And unfortunately, it seems I have made less time for writing and blogging, which makes me feel like I need to explain myself! 😂 This year my word of the year is "l ess" . I've written this blog for 13 years now. Social media was just getting started. I started the blog, not to overly share my life, but as a way to document it like a baby book or photo album would. Now everyone shares their life story (and then some) on social media. I've told myself I would be doing "less" of that this year. I love sharing stories about my kids, my family, and my adventures in life, but I want to do more here, and less on social media.  But as I was focusing on the less in life, I stepped away from here for a bit longer than planned. It is my reflective space, where I can gather my thoughts an

Motherhood...

    Mother's Day, 2023~Reflections from a Mommy blogger And sometimes it seems like the manual is missing important chapters and sections I need! I have learned a lot and done my best over these years to be there for my children in every way possible. My four children are so different and unique that mothering them has never left a dull moment. They have each presented joys and challenges to me. I can with 100% confidence say the greatest accomplishment of my life has been raising four amazing children to teens and young adulthood. They have made me stronger and wiser in so many ways. Lorelei helped me earn a Mommy MD with all of her unique medical issues and showed me what grace and gratitude look likes like in tough situations. Jonas has schooled me in subjects, academics, and philosophy well beyond my interest. Savannah has shown me what true joy and drive can accomplish in life in just a short time. Bailey has shared a love and gift of music with me,  pushing me to improve my o

T'was the night before 50...

  Yikes! I can't believe I turn the big 5-0 tomorrow. I'm going into my 50s brighter, stronger, and feistier than ever. I am ready to take on whatever life throws at me and excited for the upcoming adventures of this year.  2023 is already off to a strong start. There hasn't been too much going on other than school, diving, and a few too many hospital visits this month. We had a workday for our first day back after Winter break. The girls brought me lunch and stole me away from work,  just a wee bit early.  Jandro moved up to Austin with Savannah this month. So far, so good! I love when "Scientist Savannah" sends me pictures from the lab! Her Spring semester is off and running.   Lorelei had two major dive meets this month, including Districts. I love how she gives it her all still, no matter how difficult it may be for her.  Proud parents! After John saw this picture, he promptly trimmed his beard.  Her district teammates are all so supportive of each other, even