Skip to main content

Keep on, keepin' on...

Tired is a new understatement for me. I've hit a wall in the last two weeks. I'm losing the ability to be my usual perky self. I've become almost flat...I'm not sure if that makes sense? I'm not happy or sad, I just am. I love my job, I love being a teacher...but it's taking over my life. I'm becoming a workaholic and have got to set some boundaries. I am losing the ability to be me. I made a good go of it for many weeks. It's just hard burning the candle at both ends, as they say. 

I did, however make it though the first grading period, with my students loving school and actually doing quite well. They are becoming inspired readers and writers. I love how they constantly want to share about their writing and talk about the books they are reading. They are actually inspiring me to read more and write more. Yes, it's a true challenge to teach both in-person (40 kids) and virtual (20 kids), ELA, 3 times each day. It's non-stop for sure, but it's working. 

This "bunch" of mine...have been real rock stars. They have been learning from home together for nine weeks now. They take care of each other, help each other and even better, they help me! They energize my soul and understand and actually even empathize with how tired I am. They are all always home now. Bailey and Savannah are both working and tutoring. They hang out with friends and are having as normal of a time in college as you can have at home. 





Bailey decided to make his room more "dorm" like. We took a trip to Ikea and he added a futon to hang out with friends, a new rug, and a mini fridge and microwave for the midnight munchies! I'd love to show you stylish pictures of a staged room...but lets be real. He's a college student! I actually think it's in pretty good shape, all things considered! Little laundry on the floor, right in front of the hamper, of course! (WHY?!?) A basket of clean laundry (could be worse!). No dirty dishes though!
His birthday is coming up...October 24. He turns 21 and I can't even believe it. 



My reading room continues to be my little sanctuary...even if half the time I'm at my desk working on Schoology (our Learning Management System), grading papers or planning lessons. But my favorite time is Saturday mornings, when everyone else is still sleeping and I can read with my morning coffee. 


 My fall touches, thanks to the Target Bullseye Spot, makes my room even more charming and cozy.  




I leave EARLY for work now that I'm at the new school, but I enjoy my morning routine. I was seeing beautiful sunrises for a while, but with it being mid-October, it's dark now when I leave. 


Some mornings, I can still see the moon out my classroom window, as the sun begins to rise. 


I set a new goal for this next grading period...to find my balance again. When I find that balance, hopefully my spark and bubbly energy will return. 

Until then...I'll keep on, keepin' on. 



















Comments

  1. I Love how you say your children energize your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. By the way is the student with the really crazy curly hair

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Less is more...

less stress less work less talking less people pleasing less saying yes less social media less noise less chaos less guilt And most importantly... less explaining myself And unfortunately, it seems I have made less time for writing and blogging, which makes me feel like I need to explain myself! 😂 This year my word of the year is "l ess" . I've written this blog for 13 years now. Social media was just getting started. I started the blog, not to overly share my life, but as a way to document it like a baby book or photo album would. Now everyone shares their life story (and then some) on social media. I've told myself I would be doing "less" of that this year. I love sharing stories about my kids, my family, and my adventures in life, but I want to do more here, and less on social media.  But as I was focusing on the less in life, I stepped away from here for a bit longer than planned. It is my reflective space, where I can gather my thoughts an

Motherhood...

    Mother's Day, 2023~Reflections from a Mommy blogger And sometimes it seems like the manual is missing important chapters and sections I need! I have learned a lot and done my best over these years to be there for my children in every way possible. My four children are so different and unique that mothering them has never left a dull moment. They have each presented joys and challenges to me. I can with 100% confidence say the greatest accomplishment of my life has been raising four amazing children to teens and young adulthood. They have made me stronger and wiser in so many ways. Lorelei helped me earn a Mommy MD with all of her unique medical issues and showed me what grace and gratitude look likes like in tough situations. Jonas has schooled me in subjects, academics, and philosophy well beyond my interest. Savannah has shown me what true joy and drive can accomplish in life in just a short time. Bailey has shared a love and gift of music with me,  pushing me to improve my o

T'was the night before 50...

  Yikes! I can't believe I turn the big 5-0 tomorrow. I'm going into my 50s brighter, stronger, and feistier than ever. I am ready to take on whatever life throws at me and excited for the upcoming adventures of this year.  2023 is already off to a strong start. There hasn't been too much going on other than school, diving, and a few too many hospital visits this month. We had a workday for our first day back after Winter break. The girls brought me lunch and stole me away from work,  just a wee bit early.  Jandro moved up to Austin with Savannah this month. So far, so good! I love when "Scientist Savannah" sends me pictures from the lab! Her Spring semester is off and running.   Lorelei had two major dive meets this month, including Districts. I love how she gives it her all still, no matter how difficult it may be for her.  Proud parents! After John saw this picture, he promptly trimmed his beard.  Her district teammates are all so supportive of each other, even