Skip to main content

Fall frenzy...

Somehow October managed to be the longest, yet fastest month ever. It's my favorite month of the year, and the hardest. I love fall...the warm colors, cooler temperatures and all things pumpkin spice. There are birthdays to celebrate and Halloween fun. But as a teacher, it's a crazy month of parent/teacher conferences. The kids have been swamped with homework and projects. I feel like I'm in over my head most days, trying to keep up with it all. By this time of fall, I'm counting down to Thanksgiving break so I can catch my breath.

Having this simple fall mantle somehow keeps me calm and happy.


Our big news...Savannah is officially a Texas Longhorn! UT Austin here she comes!


Fall concerts fell on the same night again...Always a nice challenge to get from one choir concert at Garcia for Lorelei and rush to another orchestra concert at O'Connor.





The girls enjoyed the Homecoming Game, even if they didn't go to the Homecoming Dance (that's apparently for Freshman and Sophomores and Seniors are over it.)


Spooky Science night was a blast at Carson! Couldn't have done it with out my girls!


School keeps us busy in so many ways, from events, to projects, to just an ordinary night of homework.




We started our fall birthdays celebrating with Bailey, who's no longer a teenager (he's 20!). We took a break from it all and celebrated with just him. I had the day off from school (my simple gift to him, my time). John and I headed to Bandera, Texas with Bailey for lunch, a little shopping and a quick walk in the park. It was perfect and memorable. 




Happy Birthday Bailey!


We headed out to my sister's and Jeff's for their annual Hayride trick or treating, just before Halloween. 



Lorelei continued with the Mike Wazoski theme for Halloween and took care of the pumpkin carving all by herself!



Everyone still stopped by Nana's and Papa's on Halloween for dinner, but then headed out to their own things that night. Bailey had class, Savannah went to a friend's house and Jonas trick or treated with friends in another neighborhood. It was just Lorelei and Brieley this year in Nana's and Papa's neighborhood. Times are changing. 



Jonas with his friends. That's the first time in a very long time that Jonas dressed up! That's a mighty large slice of pizza there!

And my favorite 6 foot boy turned 14 on Saturday too...His favorite treat (even though he has braces and shouldn't eat them!) was waiting for him when he woke up.

He wanted breakfast out for his birthday and you can't go wrong with First Watch! We LOVE that place. The weather was perfect so we ate outside.





Yum...

Now the countdown to Thanksgiving has begun. Pretty soon I'll take down the fall decorations. Surprisingly, I'm ready for Christmas! I'll try to hold out a few more weeks...but I'm not making any promises!


Love this season...Happy Fall frenzy friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

Ziplining!

Helotes Hill Country Zipline ...did you even know this place existed?  I know I have driven past the sign on Bandera Road, but honestly never paid much attention.  Because really, how awesome of a place can it be just two miles from my house?  I realize my house is on a hill and I know there are several large hills in our area, but I didn't realize what was literally in my own back yard. A sweet boy from Savannah's 8th grade Science class has been persistently pestering her to go ziplining with him.  She tried to say no a dozen times, in a dozen different ways.  She finally agreed last minute when she asked if she could bring someone.  After a few tries of different friends, she settled on her daddy!  He's an adventure junky, and honestly in the last 10 years, hasn't had a whole lot of adventure.  Lorelei and I went along to take pictures and watch.  It looked exhilarating and breathtaking, but with my fear of heights, I said a polite, ...