Skip to main content

Magical mornings...

I'm a morning person. Not sure I always have been, but definitely in the past 5-10 years I have learned to love mornings. I love school mornings, weekend mornings but my absolute favorite...Sunday mornings. I have a routine for mornings that I won't bore you with, but of course, it involves quiet time, prayerful thoughts, feeding and letting out pets and, of course coffee, amongst other things.
One of the most magical mornings of the year is Christmas. This year it was different than years past. Much like the weekend or Sunday morning, I was the only one up for several hours. Sleeping in to me is around 8:00-8:30. I waited by the glow of the tree, surrounded by gifts, for John, the tween, teens and college boy to wake up. I sipped on peppermint coffee, watching a Christmas movie. It was 10:30 before everyone was up and at 'em!

The magical glow of a Sunday morning in December...just a few weeks before Christmas.




I didn't get many mornings of prep for Christmas, because our break started pretty late this year. Christmas Eve was the first Monday of our break.  Lorelei and I, with some help from some mischievous cats got all the gifts wrapped.


Christmas Eve is Jonas' favorite night of the year and the poor guy had been up sick since 2:00 a.m. with a stomach bug. But he wanted to go to my parents' for the traditional Christmas Eve festivities.



Makenna joined us too!






Santa actually gave a good scare this year when he arrived...we were not expecting him.







Poor guy...but Santa had to bring his gift!



Pretty girls...

My quiet Christmas morning didn't last too long...





Savannah finally got a car...gifted from Bailey, with money for a car wash! Ha!


Christmas afternoon...round two with family!


Christmas is exhausting for us all.



Comments

  1. It looks perfect..well with the exception of Jonas being sick..poor kid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...