Skip to main content

Moving onward...Lorelei's turn.

I still can't exactly wrap my head around the idea that another school year is done. I know for sure I can wrap my head around the fact that the last Boyen is leaving Carson Elementary, and I will be all alone next year. For the past 10 years at least one (usually more), of my own children have been at school with me. Today was the Promotion Ceremony for Lorelei as a student, and me as a teacher. Planning this ceremony stresses me out just a bit, but it came together beautifully again this year. The 5th grade festivities actually began last Friday, June 1 with an amazing Carnival.





Promotion rehearsal with Bailey. He accompanied our music teacher and the students, on viola. It was a nice, personal touch.


Jonas got to skip his last day to be part of Lorelei's special day. We stopped for a morning treat at Starbucks of course! Savannah couldn't join us because she had finals.


I missed Lorelei walking up! I was too busy being a teacher, not so much in the mom mode yet.


Being departmentalized in 5th grade, Lorelei had 3 teachers this year, plus our amazing administration! Some of my favorite people are pictured here!


Lorelei received the Presidential Award today for having Master level scores on STAAR reading and math, as well as an A average in 5th grade.



The final performance of the sweetest song, "Will you Teach Me?"


I captured all her besties...pardon the closed eyes from Lorelei. The sun always gets her!





We are so proud of this little girl and can't believe she's moving onward to middle school!


My wonderful team...5th grade is truly my favorite grade to teach and be a part of everyday!


Tomorrow I'll finish up packing my room for summer. We'll have a restful weekend and then Bailey's big day is Monday...high school graduation! I'm sure I'll be a real crying mess on that night.  

Looking forward to honoring him and all his achievements too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...