Skip to main content

Spring is here...


...and I have the proof! Well, besides the warmer weather, spring flowers and pollen count! We just had the best out of nowhere thunderstorm, with a great downpour, capping it off with a rainbow.  The perfect ending to our Spring Break.

My expectations for Spring Break were quite high, and although I wasn't able to cross everything off my bucket list for the week, it was still productive, relaxing and fun.

There was crafting...



Kitchen time...


Homemade pizza...


A simple french toast bake...


Shepherd's pie for St. Patty's Day...


Homemade Ocean Water...


We had library and park time.



We organized some closets and decorated for Spring. 




We might have made more Sonic trips this week, than we have in the whole school year! We went 3 times!! Happy hour and half price shakes are the best.



We also did some shopping, an appointment, a day with Nana, some cousin time with Brieley and of course, some quality family time at home. Bailey and my dad took a quick trip to Lubbock to explore Texas Tech some more, as well. I read and researched writing a book.  Jonas said it's time to stop talking about it, and just start already!  Okay...I'm on it.

Spring Break is a tough one...it always gives us a taste of summer, yet we know there's still several months of school to get through. It all goes pretty quick from this point on. We have lots to look forward to this Spring, including our very first high school graduate.

Spring officially begins this week! The Boyen Bunch is more than ready for warmer temperatures and new adventures.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...