Skip to main content

Spring is here...


...and I have the proof! Well, besides the warmer weather, spring flowers and pollen count! We just had the best out of nowhere thunderstorm, with a great downpour, capping it off with a rainbow.  The perfect ending to our Spring Break.

My expectations for Spring Break were quite high, and although I wasn't able to cross everything off my bucket list for the week, it was still productive, relaxing and fun.

There was crafting...



Kitchen time...


Homemade pizza...


A simple french toast bake...


Shepherd's pie for St. Patty's Day...


Homemade Ocean Water...


We had library and park time.



We organized some closets and decorated for Spring. 




We might have made more Sonic trips this week, than we have in the whole school year! We went 3 times!! Happy hour and half price shakes are the best.



We also did some shopping, an appointment, a day with Nana, some cousin time with Brieley and of course, some quality family time at home. Bailey and my dad took a quick trip to Lubbock to explore Texas Tech some more, as well. I read and researched writing a book.  Jonas said it's time to stop talking about it, and just start already!  Okay...I'm on it.

Spring Break is a tough one...it always gives us a taste of summer, yet we know there's still several months of school to get through. It all goes pretty quick from this point on. We have lots to look forward to this Spring, including our very first high school graduate.

Spring officially begins this week! The Boyen Bunch is more than ready for warmer temperatures and new adventures.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ziplining!

Helotes Hill Country Zipline ...did you even know this place existed?  I know I have driven past the sign on Bandera Road, but honestly never paid much attention.  Because really, how awesome of a place can it be just two miles from my house?  I realize my house is on a hill and I know there are several large hills in our area, but I didn't realize what was literally in my own back yard. A sweet boy from Savannah's 8th grade Science class has been persistently pestering her to go ziplining with him.  She tried to say no a dozen times, in a dozen different ways.  She finally agreed last minute when she asked if she could bring someone.  After a few tries of different friends, she settled on her daddy!  He's an adventure junky, and honestly in the last 10 years, hasn't had a whole lot of adventure.  Lorelei and I went along to take pictures and watch.  It looked exhilarating and breathtaking, but with my fear of heights, I said a polite, ...

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...