Skip to main content

February's fine...

I'm tired right now, and not totally inspired to write, but happy to say, positive vibes and health have returned to the Boyen Bunch household. Earlier this week Jonas was running a fever...strep again! Luckily, no other Boyen's tend to catch strep, since we all have had our tonsils removed. He recovered quickly and was back at it.

We've had lots going on already this month, fabulous February is underway. Bailey's put his down payment on his dorm room and will be rooming with a friend he's had since 5th grade. He was also offered his full scholarship and grant package. It's still mind blowing to think he'll be graduating in June and heading to college in August.

Lorelei's doing great in diving and already on Level 4.


We took advantage of my free Grimaldi's pizza and had a wonderful family night out. It's hard to get all six of us out at the same time, especially with two busy teenagers in the house.  It was the perfect end to my birthday celebrations.


After lots of hard work and months of rehearsal, the Carson Choir was finally ready to present the musical, "Snow Biz". This was bittersweet, since this will be the last time one of my own kiddos will be in it, with me as the assistant director.



Someone had a hard time waking up the morning after the show...theater is exhausting!


Valentine's day traditions continue with pink pancakes for breakfast.


The very next day my dad turned 70! We had a nice dinner to celebrate this wonderful guy!


We actually had two concerts this past week, squeezed in between Valentine's and my dad's birthday.  Savannah had a concert Tuesday night and Jonas had one Thursday night.  Double concerts makes for a musically filled, busy week.


The kid's have tomorrow off (lucky!). I have staff development, which I have to admit, I don't mind much. It's nice to have adult time, with absolutely no kids at all!  Not mine or a classroom full. I guess in a way it IS a day off. I always try to look for that silver lining.

Happy President's Day!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...