Skip to main content

Happy Spring...



The weather has clearly been indicating here in Texas that Spring has sprung!  There's been plenty of rain, warm sunny days and flowers blooming.  Our mountain laurel is sign that spring break must be around the corner.

The smell is amazing...like floral grapes.


Our spring break started with a bang...literally!  Jonas had his best buddy Xander's birthday party at a paintball place in Helotes.   I'm not sure he loved the game, but he had fun, mostly hiding behind the barrels!



These two hung out the whole time, happily watching.


Happy birthday Xander!


The after effects on poor Jonas' skinny little legs! Ouch!


The rest of the week was actually pretty low key...We did a bit of shopping, a trip to OP Schnabel for a hike, cousin time at Peter Piper Pizza, a doctor's visit and some homework.



Bailey joined the little ones on the hike.


We knew she was tiny...but this is ridiculous!  Jonas' idea! 🙂


Jonas was a character the whole break.  We had quite a bit of quality time together.  After Lorelei's check in with her sleep specialist, we always make a stop at the toy store in Stone Oak, called Toy Werks.  They didn't buy a thing, but certainly had fun.



I had a quick visit to get some labs drawn, near Tealicious.  Lorelei had tried one with Savannah at the start of Spring break and raved about it to Jonas.  He decided to give it a try too, although he didn't love it as much as Lorelei did.


St. Patrick's day at our house is all about the food.  We had spinach pancakes for breakfast.  They make the pancakes a lovely green, but you can't actually even taste the spinach!  Healthy and festive. For dinner we had corn beef and cabbage...no picture though.


With STAAR testing just next week, both little ones had spring break homework.  I decided to make it a little more interesting by having a "work session" at Starbucks.  Lorelei loved it.  She said she always wanted to have a "work session" at Starbucks like the grown up do!  Best part for me, I was able to read almost uninterrupted for over an hour.



I'm sure you noticed Savannah wasn't with us at all over Spring break.  She was quite busy with friends the whole time.  She takes care of her own photos though...so I have a few to share.

She did spend some time with Lorelei...she let her do her make-up!



She did plenty of shopping with friends...




The only problem with our Spring break was we lost a dear family pet.  Callie, our mischievous Calico cat, has not returned home since last Saturday.  She's an indoor/outdoor cat, who normally spends her nights sleeping soundly on the foot of my bed.  However, she didn't come in Saturday evening like normal.  We had hoped to see her the next morning, but still no Callie.  We began searching our yard and surrounding area every night.  I swear I even heard her Monday evening, meowing from the underbrush, along the dry creek bed alongside our house.  But to great sadness, we couldn't find her anywhere.  I posted to local shelters and apps for missing pets.  I know cats are resourceful and she may be fine and still might even return.  I shed a lot tears over this cute kitty over the past week.  She's a young cat, just over a year old, smart and adventurous.  I can only hope she's on quite an adventurer, but planning to make her way home soon.
  

This picture is a perfect example of her curious disposition.  She loved to greet Bailey at his car everyday.  Say a little prayer that she might find her way home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...