Skip to main content

October traditions with my little pumpkins...

You see this little pumpkin of mine...small enough to sit on a pumpkin, too interested in a tiny piece of straw to even look at the camera.


Here is the same pumpkin now...still interested in visiting the neighborhood pumpkin patch with her mommy, but clearly those long legs of her's would no longer allow her to sit on a pumpkin.


And then there's this...Geez, I don't even know what to say about this, except you see that devilish look on Lorelei's face?  Yeah...that crazy is still in her.  I'm pretty sure Jonas still gives her that same look when she's acting that way.


When Jonas was just reading over my shoulder and looking at this picture, he mentioned the butterfly effect.  He wondered if he hadn't dressed like a pumpkin for Halloween this particular year, what would be different today.? That just a little taste of the constant thinking that goes on in his head. I knew at this age, just how intelligent Jonas was...some things luckily never change.

Earlier this week I received this reminder.

On this day...thanks Facebook for the constant reminders that time is literally flying by.

Savannah's 4th grade field trip to Sea World, exactly 5 years before...



Lorelei's 4th grade field trip to the Alamo on October 13, 2016.


October traditions include National Night Out.  The whole family went to the pool to enjoy, BBQ from Pedrotti's and multiple food trucks, courtesy of our HOA.  But only Lorelei was willing to pose with her mommy for a picture.



October traditions continue with Orchestra concert season beginning.  What a joy to watch Bailey and Savannah go off together on concert night as a Junior and freshman.  They are both in Varsity this year, Bailey in the upper full orchestra group and Savannah in the lower strings only group.





Jonas and Lorelei get an opportunity to do something together at school this year too. Jonas was selected, with his bestie Xander, to be the director of CTV (Carson TV), our school's morning announcement show.  This was Lorelei's first day on the job as a crew member.


Day 1 and they threw her in front of the camera!!  She did great!


This week has some of our favorite October activities...the Orchestra Spaghetti fundraiser at O'Connor and Spooky Science night at Carson.  Bailey's 17th birthday is just nine days away and then there's Halloween.  

Looking forward to the rest of October's traditions with my little pumpkins.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...