Skip to main content

Fun February...the good, the bad and the ordinary returns

The power of persuasion is a strong one.  I never had any particular feeling about February (okay that's not entirely true, I see I have a post from two years ago called February Sucked...and Other observations..) it's just a month and a short one at that.  The principal at our school calls it Fun February, in a sarcastic way though.  She thinks February is a tough month in education (maybe in everyday life too?).  But I never really even noticed February for much more than the month of my parent's birthdays and Valentine's Day.  However...THIS February I am glad to see go.

Really this month wasn't so bad, but there were certainly some not so nice things that happened.
So time to revisit the good, the bad and the ordinary.  This time however, I'm going to start with the good and then the bad...

~Someone backed into my Suburban and Wal-mart.  The good: No one was hurt, we weren't even in the car and the damage is minor.  The bad: I still haven't even had a moment to call and get it fixed, and am wondering if I should even bother!

~My less than a year old LG G4 crashed...dead. The good:  It was still under warranty and my photos were all on an SD card.  The bad:  It was a pain to deal with trying to restore my phone to all the previous settings.  I am so not tech savvy!  AND:  Less that a week later, Savannah's phone is doing the same thing!

~Lorelei is having tons of sleep issues again. The good:  She had a sleep study last week and we are waiting for the results and hoping to get some answers.  The bad:  The poor girl is exhausted. (Okay, maybe I am too.)

~We went to get Bailey his Learner's Permit, only to wait in line for an hour to find out one form was wrong.  The good: The lady who helped us said if we came back within a day with the right form, we wouldn't have to wait in line again.  The bad:  well...the obvious, we had to go back again!!  The amazing:  Bailey has his learner's permit now!!  WOW!

~Bailey got sick...a virus I think, high fever and headache, body aches, etc.  The good: So far no one else has caught it and he's already feeling better.  The bad:  He had to miss one of his favorite YOSA concerts of the year, the Side by Side with the San Antonio Symphony.

As far as the ordinary...there was concerts, doctor's appointments, Valentine's Day, my parent's birthdays, school tests, library trips, field trips, after school clubs and the normal day to day moments, that fill this extraordinary life of mine...

YOSA's mid season concert at the Tobin.


A sweet note on my car at the Sleep Specialists...


Lab work for this little one...she did great of course!


Some family time at the monthly Home Depot workshop.



Valentine's love...




My bumper damage...see not so bad!


Happy birthday to Papa.



The last picture on my phone before it crashed.  This is Lorelei at her sleep study right before they hooked up all the wires.  I couldn't get a picture of that.  She wanted to see what she looked like.  We took a trip to the bathroom after...she was amazed!  It was a hard night...she cried, tossed and turned and even pulled out her nose cannula.  But there was enough data.  Hopefully, we will hear something this week.


Nana's birthday celebration...(pictures taken by my sister!)




Two more days of Fun February...hoping they are uneventful for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...