Skip to main content

Post worthy summer moments and other ramblings...

It's funny, I was at the park last week with Jonas and Lorelei, after dropping Bailey off at a rehearsal.  We were feeding the ducks, watching birds and turtles and playing on the playground.  I was snapping pictures as always, mostly because I got a new phone with a great camera (switched from an iPhone 5 to the new LG G4). Jonas said, "You should post those mommy."  It struck me funny.  Is this what our lives have become?  Are we looking at life through a lens wondering if it's post worthy or not.  Are we only willing to share the pretty, positive moments?  OR...has social media provided us a forum in which to share the day to day beauty of ordinary life?  It is certainly interesting to think about.  Last night at the pool, the first thing my friend Roslene and I wanted to do was document and share the moment.  As if it wasn't really happening if we didn't quickly get the pictures up on Facebook! 

I have been doing more writing this summer, but it's been personal writing in a beautiful snake skin, pleather journal.  It sits on my coffee table with the pen next to it.  It allows me to be totally honest about where I am emotionally and I have no worries of spelling or grammatical errors, or the fear of judgment.  With public writing/blogging, there's always a cloud of judgment lingering near by.  Even if no one is commenting...I wonder constantly after posting, what's everyone thinking, feeling, guessing, saying, and wondering about my life.

Honestly, summer so far has been hard (but life isn't suppose to be easy right!?!).  I've been more stressed and tired than usual. Which is ironic in a way. We've been working on all kinds of projects around the house, de-cluttering, re-arranging rooms, swapping bedrooms. Add trying to keep the kids entertained, not fighting, off electronics and with full tummies into the mix.  I'm practically living at the grocery store!!  I'm enjoying my time with them...but they have driven me to wanting to run away from home at least once this summer!!  :)

There's been several celebrations in June and beginning of July...birthdays, Father's Day, 4th of July and then the everyday ordinary moments too.

Savannah's birthday fell on Father's Day this year.  She put together this photo collage.



Another teenager in the house!  But a lovely one, with a great heart, and only a little attitude! ;)



Celebrating Brieley's birthday.  She had a slumber party and lunch at Freddy's.



Trying to relax...




Texas skies in summer...



Bailey and Lorelei switched rooms...

Before...

After...


Savannah had a small get together with friends for her birthday a little late, due to the whole Father's Day thing. 

They swam...

and we went for pizza at Grimaldi's...




Park time...





This was all the same day, July 3rd...I had a great day with just Jonas and Lorelei.  We did the park, Sonic milkshakes and went to watch the Helotes Fireworks.




 We kept things simple on the 4th...Just hung out at home...


Watching fireworks all over the city from our front porch.





This week Roslene is visiting.  Time with old friends (not as in "age" old!) is always energizing.



 
 
Wonder what moments will be post worthy today!? ;)
 
Post away friends...share the beauty of everyday life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...