Skip to main content

Home sweet home summer adventures...

We are homebodies.  I'm not saying we don't enjoy road trips and vacations, but we also don't mind just being at home.  Summer is that time of year when everyone, (and seriously I think everyone I know, has gone somewhere!) takes off on some sort of travel adventures.  The Boyen Bunch, for various reasons, chose to make our own at home adventures. 

I realize my family members are creatures of habit, predominantly introverts and our summers have looked the same for about the past 4-5 years!  Sad, but true.  I feel mommy guilt sometimes, that I'm not doing more or offering more opportunities to my kids.  I think they are pretty happy and content though.


We've had park time...





Pool time...



Meal time...



Naptime...

Chill time...( AKA avoiding chores time)



Playtime...


Doctor's time...

Gardening time...


Outdoor water playtime...




Spin art time...






Nightly walking time...




Home sweet home time....




 
 
What's summer look like at your home sweet home?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ziplining!

Helotes Hill Country Zipline ...did you even know this place existed?  I know I have driven past the sign on Bandera Road, but honestly never paid much attention.  Because really, how awesome of a place can it be just two miles from my house?  I realize my house is on a hill and I know there are several large hills in our area, but I didn't realize what was literally in my own back yard. A sweet boy from Savannah's 8th grade Science class has been persistently pestering her to go ziplining with him.  She tried to say no a dozen times, in a dozen different ways.  She finally agreed last minute when she asked if she could bring someone.  After a few tries of different friends, she settled on her daddy!  He's an adventure junky, and honestly in the last 10 years, hasn't had a whole lot of adventure.  Lorelei and I went along to take pictures and watch.  It looked exhilarating and breathtaking, but with my fear of heights, I said a polite, ...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...

A fall full of fun...

Christmas is springing up all over. Even at school, our Principal has already put up our foyer tree and decorated the front office. Last year, the countdown sign went up with 40 days until Christmas; this year's says 48!  I've barely recovered from October! I think I'm going to need a minute before I can embrace the next holiday season. I'm still enjoying my fall mantle for now.  We did cram October full of fall fun. From new college adventures to old traditions at home.  The first weekend in October, we mixed things up a bit by heading to a movie on the lawn at The Rock at La Cantera. If you haven't been and live in SA, you must give it a try. We had perfect weather that evening.  Lorelei bravely went and got her first tattoo the next day. She picked a bundle of sweet pea flowers in honor of me. I call her sweet pea, especially through text when I tell her goodnight.  Jonas had his first official bike race. He and his team got some practice in on a race just no...