Skip to main content

End of the school year exhaustion...

There's no tired like the "end of the year teacher tired".  Yet I'm at the pool with the kiddos because they have more energy than ever!  Must be all the sugar they got at school today.  School's out and I have mixed emotions.  My class was an amazing group of students this year...smart, sweet and kind.  The best combination of clever and witty.  I enjoyed them so much I'm not ready to let them go.  Yet I didn't shed a tear today.  A lot of these kids are friends with Jonas, so I know I'll see them plenty.  No reason to be sad, and I'm not like crazy needing a break either.  Looking forward though to as much sleep as I want and no alarm clock waking me up at 5:30!

There's a party at the pool right now.  Lots of excitement and screaming.  The kids here are definitely ready for summer.

Some last day of school photos from the kids...






I barely saw Bailey today...guess I have to get use to that.  He wasn't downstairs yet this morning before I left for school.  John had to take him to play a concert for graduation after school, and by the time I saw him, he had already stripped off multiple pieces of his tux.  No last day of school pictures for him.  

I'm hoping to spend a lot of time writing this summer.  I first have to finish up my roll top desk and create my new writing space.  A sacred space that when I'm in it, everyone will know it's my time and not to disturb my thoughts in action.  Maybe, just maybe by then end of the summer I'll have something more than just a blog.  (Not that there is anything wrong with just blogging!)

Happy first night of summer!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...