Skip to main content

A taste of things to come...

Summer is so close, I can almost taste it!  Well...you know what I mean. :)  Lately, the weather and our activities have given us a sneak peek of the glorious summer months ahead...

Fort making...

Lounging and watching TV....



Pool time!!






 
 
 


Amazing blue skies...



And blue lips...(the pool water is just a bit cold still!!)

 
 




This was Monday morning and Lorelei did NOT want to get up for school...so I reminded her there were only 5 Monday's left before summer vacation. 



We've had a few school happenings that were fun and certainly help make the last two months of school worth going to.

Lorelei had fun this week prepping her shoebox float for the Fiesta float parade at school.  This is the last one for the Boyen Bunch.



Jonas had an appearance on CTV today for getting 100 AR points!  I think just about every book he read to get him the 100 points was a Magic Treehouse book!




Lorelei during the parade this morning...




Today was school party day too.  Fiesta parties for the little ones. Sorry Bailey and Savannah...but growing up means more work and unfortunately, less fun!



The partying will continue for us this weekend.  Lorelei turns 8 on Sunday and to celebrate she's having her very first Slumber party!!  Yes...tomorrow night, I will have about 7 little girls and 4 big sisters staying the night.  It's going to be exhausting and probably crazy chaos, but what wonderful memories for Lorelei.  Can't believe my baby will be 8!!

Tonight, I'll rest up.  Tomorrow is all about party prep and little girls.  I can't wait to post all about it...

Happy Weekend friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...