Skip to main content

Little Celebrations...yes!

 It's only 9:30 and both Jonas and Lorelei are up, watching "Saturday morning cartoons" (aka Nick Jr.), eating a healthy breakfast together, while I blog and enjoy my coffee...yes!  Is it just me or do you have a little mental party all the time when you accomplish the smallest of things?  I was just telling John, how I always celebrate accomplishing things throughout my day, giving myself a little mental yes fist pump (think 3rd graders getting an answer right on a test), when I get the little things done.  Am I alone here fellow friends!?!  You know like, homework done...yes! Dinner's made...yes!  Replaced Bailey's broken viola bow (and the store did it with no argument for free)...yes!  Library books returned and no one lost one...yes!  Seriously!  Sometimes my days are just filled with these little celebrations, other days, I'm lucky to get in just one and that's OK too.  I'm not a great list maker or calendar keeper, so these moments are like crossing off something from a to do list or calendar...only mine is mental.  Feels just as good, these little celebrations.

We had some yes moments last Saturday.  We helped my mom out at her annual APDA Optimism Walk/5k.  It was rainy and damp, but we managed to still have fun while supporting a great cause.  Savannah and Maddie helped the most, manning the mid-way water station.  Savannah's working towards 50 hours of service to others.  Maddie, just likes to come along!  She's like my 5th child!  I'm so proud of Savannah's desire to help others.  Sweet girl!



John helped out too, taking photos. 
Jonas and Lorelei just came for the donuts and tacos! ;)


On the way home, we just had to check out Trader Joe's.  I have mixed feelings.  I wasn't really all that impressed.  We got a few things to try out.  It's all pretty yummy and maybe if there was one on our corner here in Helotes, I would frequent it...but not sure I'd drive over to Stone Oak just for a few things.  But the kids sure loved the mini carts!! Big ones included!!






All that fun required a nap...7 isn't too old for an afternoon nap.  Heck...I'm pretty sure I dozed off with her!!




Later that night, I introduce the kids to Trivial Pursuit, my all time favorite game.  Funny enough, Bailey, Savannah and Maddie were the first to quit after a few rounds of not knowing any answers.  Bailey blamed it on the year of the edition (1997), even though I told him that most of the questions were timeless.  But Jonas and my partner Lorelei stuck it out.  Jonas is such a brainiac and I just love that about him.  By the time we called the game, (to be continue tonight) he had 2 pie pieces and I only had 1!!  Smartie pants!!  He can't wait to pick up the game tonight.



Today is a simple one...an audition for Bailey for the Cactus Pear Summer Music Festival.  It's a great opportunity for a free two week program full of San Antonio Symphony professionals, Master classes and private music sessions/lessons.  I'm pretty sure he's going to be selected! 

After...it's time for our monthly trip to the Igo Library.  The kids all love it and so do I.  Lorelei read every single book she checked out...yes!  ;)

Our evening will be all about the homemade pizza and family time.  It doesn't get much better.  I just love Saturdays!

Happiest day in the week to you all...enjoy your weekend.  Here's hoping you find many little celebrations today!

Comments

  1. Hi Jen,

    I work for the company that produces Mutual of Omaha’s Aha Moment campaign; check out www.mutualofomaha.com/aha to see what an aha moment is and the incredible stories we’ve filmed over the last several years. As I came across your website, I couldn’t help but think that you might have an aha moment to share.

    For the 6th year, we’re taking our 34-foot Airstream mobile film studio on the road again for the 2015 Aha Moment Tour, visiting 20 cities across America to capture inspirational, life-changing aha moments from folks all over the country. We are headed to San Antonio, TX on May 14th and 15th and would love to invite you to share an aha moment, and how your life has changed since. It can be about your work, your family or other life experiences. You would just have to step into the Airstream studio for a few minutes and tell your story on film to our tour producer Jessica Henry. Your video will then be posted to www.mutualofomaha.com/aha, where you will be able to share it with your friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter!

    On May 14th and 15th from 9am to 5pm, we will be parked at the San Antonio Botanical Garden, at Parkland Place & Millie Lane, San Antonio, TX 78209. Here is a map link to the location: https://goo.gl/maps/hUWfx

    We’d love to have you. Let me know as soon as possible and I can reserve your time slot.

    Many thanks!

    Olivia Lasky
    tour@ahamoment.com

    Follow the Tour:
    twitter.com/myahamoment
    facebook.com/myahamoment
    instagram.com/myahamoment
    youtube.com/myahamoment
    --
    ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...