Skip to main content

With gratitude for time...


Time to~

Get kids to appointments.  In the last 5 days we've been to the dermatologist, eye doctor, ENT and for lab work.  I had the time to get to each appointment, with each of the different kids and got to enjoy one on one time in some instances. Saturday, Bailey and I made it to the eye doctor alone, helped each other pick out glasses, window shopped at La Cantera and enjoyed a Starbucks together.  (Sorry no pictures...he wouldn't let me take one!). Monday, Savannah had an ENT follow up and final visit.  We enjoyed some alone time, that also included some Christmas shopping and lunch after.  Tuesday, Bailey had to get some labs draw and Lorelei tagged along.  That included another Starbucks trip and a haircut for Bailey (Sorry still no pics allowed!)

Last visit to Dr. Moe.  All is well!

Old Navy dressing room selfie.



We've had time for outside play and relaxing.


Fall in Texas.

It looks warm and sunny, but it was actually a bit chilly for a picnic.

I needed a warm cup of coffee at the picnic.


Time for silliness and hanging out with a fur friends.


Lulu loves to lick Lorelei! (A little alliteration for your enjoyment.)


Time for library visits and reading.


I love the way she listens to him read by staring off into the distance.

It's been a beautiful week.

There's always plenty of time to enjoy music, but a Thanksgiving Eve concert was especially nice.

Is that a smile I see?

Cloud 9's Winter Concert for family.  This is Bailey's quintet of friends.  They are quite amazing.
Of course, I'm grateful for so many more things, but this week, I've been truly grateful for the time with my kids.

Tomorrow will be filled with more family time, with my parents, my sister and her family.  Time spent eating, talking, laughing, playing...time to cherish.

Happy Thanksgiving!  May your day be filled with "time" with your family, friends and loved ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...