Skip to main content

My 100th blog post marks the end of summer!

You read right...this is my 100th blog post!  Are you impressed?  Well, maybe not, but it seems fitting that my 100th post marks the official end of summer for me (the kids still have next week off).
It was a calm, beautiful summer filled with simple memories of time at home.  No vacation this year, no major camps, just easy activities that kept the kids engaged, entertained and best of all, they are well rested. 

Sometimes on Friday I'll do a "This Moment" post from Soulemama...www.soulemama.com.
 
{this moment} ~ A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.
 
 
But since this post marked my 100th blog post and the end of summer, I'm going to break the rules and share multiple pictures of how we closed out the Summer of 2014!
 
Lorelei and daddy made a car for her dolls!

Puzzles...lots of puzzles!




Bailey's latest musical obsession.  Yes, he wants to play the organ!
Of course, he already figured the whole thing out and is playing beautifully!


The last days spent at the pool...our favorite summer spot.
 
 
 
It was a glorious summer and although we are sad to see it end, we are all excited and ready for the new school year!!  Lots of changes around here including this...
 
Bailey's starting high school!!!

Amazing but true, I have a child, young man starting high school.  Four kids, three schools and six crazy schedules to keep track including mine and John's, should make for an interesting school year!!
 
We are looking forward to many more extraordinary moments...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...