Skip to main content

May madness and moments...

Never complain about a quiet month...because May came in like a lion!  Forget March and it's "in like a lion" and it's "madness". It's May around here that makes my head spin!

There has been one wonderful moment after another!

This post could have easily been 5-6 separate blog posts but this month has been so full already...ain't nobody got time for that! (as Sweet Brown says!). So I crammed it all in one mid-month post!

Jonas had a Fiesta performance. (4-28)

So handsome...and loving on his baby sister.

Field trip # 1...with Jonas downtown.  A river boat ride and the Alamo. (5-1)

Fiesta float parade at school. (5-2)


Savannah had step one of her two part surgery to remove a congenital cyst
called a Thyroidglossal Duct Cyst.  Part two will be June 11. (5-2)

Someone turned 7! (5-3)

A gymnastic themed party including ribbon sticks!

She loved decorating her own cupcakes!

Field trip #2-to the Witte Museum with Lorelei this time! (5-5)

Cowgirl!

John's birthday!  We love you! (5-6)

Jonas had an allergic reaction to something we just don't know yet! (5-9)

Poor guy was miserable!



Spoiled on Mother's Day! (5-11)

Personalized plates from John for Mother's Day!

I threw a small tea party for Mother's Day.  It was lovely.

My mom, sister and the kids had a nice lunch.  We are going to make it a new tradition.

Bailey's final YOSA concert...never can get a decent picture! (still 5-11)

Savannah was inducted into NJHS!  (5-13)

Bailey's quintet played for the induction ceremony!

Action shot...

Proud of our girl!
I dated the pictures just to emphasize how crazy the month has been!  There has barely been a day that we haven't had something going on...but, ya'll know I love every minute of it!

We are only in mid May...but I'm counting down (like many), to the lazy days ahead of summer! Remind me of this month when I start complaining "I'm bored" this summer!

May days...are memory making!





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...