Skip to main content

It's been quiet around here...

And I'm by no means complaining about it either.  Seems strange though, to have two weeks straight of nothing extra!  No track, orientations, concerts, competitions, no after school extras.  Of course, we still had some of the regular activities, like Lorelei's gymnastics and Bailey's Sunday rehearsals for YOSA...but those two activities are part of the weekly flow.  I've even been able to be extra organized at school and have been getting home by 4:00 each day! Plus the extra hour or so of daylight really makes the day truly seem longer, which means time after dinner outside just relaxing. I love the simplicity of daily routines, with nothing extra thrown in.





 
My two little readers are ALWAYS reading in the evenings.
 
You can't really see...but Jonas is sewing a tiny beige felt bag while listening
to Lorelei read, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. :)

 
Love that face...like "hey you, don't take my picture!"
 
We finally broke down and gave into the frequent requests of Savannah's for a phone of her own.  Of course, she was looking out in my best interest ;)...suggesting I get a new iPhone 5S and then she could have my old 4s.  She also agreed to pass down her iPod to the little ones.  In the end we are all pretty happy. We share the Apple ID, so I have good access to what's going on with her phone! :)
 
After bath cuddles, stealing some time on her newly acquired iPod from Savannah!


Found this selfie of the big kids on the photo stream!
I think it's pretty cool they actually sit together on the bus.


Enjoying outside time after dinner!

 
As some of my readers know, (those of you have been following since we first moved into this house),we've been painting for awhile and we finally got to painting the master bedroom.  We found a guy last year, who has helped us with the bedrooms.  John finished our master bath and closet last spring, but it was so overwhelming of a job, he just wasn't up to painting again.  We have over the last 3 years, slowly repainted the house...walls, ceilings, trim/woodwork and even doors.  It's been quite the process.  We aren't 100% finished yet either!  Bailey's bedroom and bathroom are up next, to finish up the kids rooms.  The laundry room will be last.  Funny enough, Savannah's room was the first room done, so of course, she's ready to have her bedroom repainted!  She thinks her colors are too babyish now!
 
Our bedroom had been covered with patches of trial colors since last spring...beiges and blues.  We decided to go with a greenish blue shade to match the sky in the painting over the bed.  It's called Aged Jade by Behr.  It's their premium paint with no primer in it.  The professional we have hired to help with about 4 of the rooms, likes it the best.  He uses no primer, just two coats.  He painted our master in one afternoon!  AWESOME!


 



I bought this awesome rack at World Market 4 years ago with the intention of painting the walls to match.

Last weekend, Jonas helped me decorate for Easter.  This week we stopped by Target and he really liked the Easter Eggs lights the Dollar Spot had and thought they would look good with what we already did...he was right!  Maybe I've let him watch a bit too much HGTV with me! Ha!

 

 
I made that banner 3 years ago via the Internet, pre-Pinterest! 
Here's the link for the banner...
http://atsecondstreet.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-banner-free-printbale.html

I backed mine with scrapbook paper and printed on glossy photo paper.  I just hole punched versus cutting slits like in the link.  It's held up well!! 

It's a quiet weekend around here too...gray skies make it perfect for just hanging out at home.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...