What a neat little place! I can't even remember who or where I heard about it (thanks to social media overload!) but thank you to the person who wrote about! We can't wait to go back. It's located right in Boerne, Texas behind the city recreational park and playing fields. We had a quick picnic of some Subway, then enjoyed the trails and Cibolo Creek. It was a great ending to a simple, at home, spring break.
...but yourself. I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone. "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above. In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...
Comments
Post a Comment