Skip to main content

Busy little elves...

It's amazing and exhausting just how much energy and effort we all put into making the holidays magical.  Honestly though, I love it...every little detail of it.  Of course, like everyone else, we were quite busy with activities before Christmas. 

There was...

~Multiple concerts to attend


1st Chair Viola for Region 11 Orchestra, which included a solo!

Our little beginner!
My musical duo at their school Christmas concert.
~A tummy bug struck again

Poor Jonas...he got it exactly 2 weeks after Lorelei had it.


~Simple gifts to give
The parent gift my 3rd grade class made.

Simple jar with some chocolates with a free refill,
for Bailey and Savannah's Orchestra teacher.

Jonas put together a great gift for his teacher, Mr. Kallead,
a trout calendar and some animal magnets.
 
~Sleepy mornings, ready for Winter break
 
 
 
~School Christmas parties


I made this dress for Lorelei two Christmases ago.
Still fits and looks cute!
~Shopping to do
Savannah and I had an awesome mother/daughter bonding day,
Christmas shopping for everyone else!
~Christmas cards to create and send
 
 
~big moments and milestones
Lorelei has been begging to get her ears pierced!
She got to as a Christmas present from me!
She had tears for a moment, but then was quite pleased
with the results.

Such a sweet moment caught on camera
by my sister.  She took Lorelei to her neighborhood
Breakfast with Santa.
 

~Counting down with help from our elf Finland


His last day, Christmas Eve he brought the kids
new jammies.
Tis the season...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...