Skip to main content

There are no words...or post title to explain!

I'm in a funk.  I can't explain it (or maybe I can).  I should have nothing to complain about. Honestly, it's not often that I do complain. I'm a sunny-side kind of gal, cause you know, "Happy girls shine brighter." (one of my favorite quotes, but I'm not sure by who). I have more blessings in my life than many, many people could ever hope or pray for.  I have 4 incredible kids, truly gifted and talented, yet they can still drive me crazy and push me to a point of MEAN mommy. They aren't perfect.  They fight, yell, whine and man, the tantrums from the girls!! Geesh! (OK I probably can be included in that this week...I may have had a tantrum or two myself!)  My stress/grouchiness level is at it's peak.

I have a love/hate relationship with the month of October.  I should really place the blame on the calendar.  Sure, fall weather rolls in and out come my favorite fall decorations.  The house feels so warm and cozy.  Yet the calm here is opposed by the current disorder at school.  October is parent/teacher conference month.  Visualize teaching all day, staff meetings, Tuesday and Thursday choir practice till 4:15 and gymnastics on Wednesday, then throw in an hour worth of conferences, 3 afternoons a week for the last 3 weeks, till nearly 6:00 p.m. I guess being a bit batty right now might be justified.  Last week was Spooky Science and Literacy, which meant:  teach all day, choir, parent conferences, then running a Graveyard Dig activity from 6:50-7:30 p.m.  Tonight started our orchestra season.  Bailey had a performance at O'Connor.  Next Tuesday Bailey and Savannah have a "Hauntcert" at Garcia, followed by Bailey's first YOSA concert on the 27th.  Add to the equation Bailey's birthday next week...14 years old!  14 years of motherhood for me.  One week later Halloween and then November 2, Jonas' birthday.  All this chaos equals one stressed momma. :(

John's been great though.  Funny how he seems to do little things secretly and not so secretly to make life easier.  And gosh, I'm an easy girl to please...who needs roses!  He's been doing normal things, like making the bed (totally a girl thing!), filling my gas tank, grocery shopping, getting dinner...all the little things that just seem so huge when your tired and stressed.  Lots of surprises and sweet comments of praise that just really fill my heart. 

I am grateful, for many things...but I'm mostly grateful that October is half over! ;)


 
 
 
 

Never can snap a good shot of Bailey at these concerts!

My amazing surprise from John when I got home tonight.  Apparently he hit up Office Depot's Clearance section!
You wouldn't believe how excited the kids were to see cool lunch box containers!  $1.00!!!
Taking deep breaths and obviously drinking lots of coffee to get through the rest of this month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...