Skip to main content

Labor Day Weekending...

After what seemed like the most exhausting week of the year, the Boyen Bunch welcomed the 3 day weekend with open arms!  It was a great back to school week and everyone seemed to adjust pretty well, we were just really tired.
First day of school pictures!

1st grader
6th grader

2nd grader

8th grader
 
 
We had no real plans for the weekend and that was fine with me.  The fun just unfolded on its own.


Barbie started her weekend off by taking a relaxing dip in the pool, in my kitchen sink!

Yes those are dirty dishes next to their pool!


We headed downtown for a fun trip on Saturday afternoon to Ace Mart Restaurant Supply.
We could see the Tower from the parking lot!


Lorelei and Jonas had fun trying on chef coats.
So helpful and sweet!

Chef Jonas

Chef Lorelei!


After we headed to The Point Parks and Eat for some food truck grub.
Playing in the HEAT!!

Isn't she pretty?

Sunday we decided to have a family get together...Papa even joined us for a swim!

Papa's swimming!  The little girls loved it!

Amazingly, we had the whole pool to ourselves for a bit!

Just us!

Selfie at the pool...proof of the author/photographer!

For dinner...John whipped up a fabulous fry fest!  So much yummy, unhealthy food!

Fry John, fry!

Yum!


Look at that awesome smile!


Nana had fun too!

And although, nothing exciting happened on Monday, (the little ones and I ran errands with Nana, while the big kids did homework), it sure was nice to have that extra day!  

It's Hump day today and I'm already looking forward to the weekend...even if it's only 2 days! ;)
 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...