Skip to main content

Family time...

All good things must come to an end, as did our time at Lake Norman.  But it ended on a high note...a visit from the ice cream truck.  A first time experience for the kids.


A perfect ending...but not of our whole trip, just this part.  The car was loaded and the kids jumped in, ice cream in hand and we headed out for some Boyen family time.  We were planning to head to Hendersonville to meet up with John's family.  Cousin time!

The kids had a fun weekend.  As did the grown ups.  I know John especially enjoyed sitting and talking with his mom and dad.  The kids enjoyed showing off a bit for Grandma and Grandpa Boyen. Bailey brought them to tears with his violin playing.  Savannah won them over with some cupcakes and the little ones, well...what's not to love about their sweetness!


Friday night in downtown Hendersonville.

The cousins!


They spent a lot of time playing out back by the creek.



Who says technology can't bring families together!



Savannah whipped up some cupcakes for Alyssa's birthday which happened to be Sunday.  What great timing!



Alyssa really wanted a piñata for her birthday!  Or as she called it, an enchilada filled with candy!

We ended the weekend with an awesome family picture, with all the adults and kids. Unfortunately that picture is on the Nikon camera still...I'll have to post it when we get home, as I am posting this from my iPad, on our last night in our wonderful condo in North Myrtle Beach.

More to come...;)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...