Skip to main content

Feeling the love!

We had a lovely and productive afternoon. I left school in time to pick up Bailey from middle school. I had plans to finish laundry and help the little ones get homework and Valentine's done. Lorelei was a champ! She buzzed right through her homework...about 6 pages of letter and number work. Then she hopped right into decorating her Valentine box and finished off by completing all of he Valentine's in one sitting!! I was piddling around the kitchen all the while.

Being that it was Fat Tuesday we celebrated by having pancakes...Pancake Tuesday, and the kids love breakfast for dinner. It was fun and filling. The kids ate well and were helpful in the kitchen, too. After dinner, they packed up their own lunches. On Wednesday, I have morning duty and prepping 5 lunches is hard to do and still make it out of the house on time. When we remember and stay organized, we make them the night before. It's the little things like that and laying out clothes the night before, that help keep me organized and less crazy in the mornings!

Savannah was also working on Valentine's tonight. She decided to make homemade ones for each of her friends. They are cute and thoughtful, with a nice handcrafted touch! I proud of her creativity!

Bath time came and went and now I must head off to read some stories and tuck in some kiddos.

I am looking forward to "feeling the love" on Thursday. I still haven't nailed down my creative plans of what I am doing for both John and the kids to make the day special. Valentine's Day is a family day around here...not a day of romance anymore and I like that! I'm thinking maybe strawberry muffins for breakfast and heart shaped homemade pizzas for dinner?! And there will definitely be some chocolate involved!



Brown craft paper and foam stickers!


Free printable Valentine's from the web!



Kitchen helper.


Lunch boxes all in a row!


Hand crafting for friends.


Sweet cards for friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...