Skip to main content

Around here...

Some happenings around here...


The little ones have been exhausted, adjusting to our school schedule again after two weeks off!!





Horsing around at home as usual.


Relaxing on the weekends...Bailey, Delilah and I were just hanging out watching House Hunters International!!  One of our new favorite shows.

Savannah and some friends (two boys!) formed a little band and auditioned for the school talent show!  They made it of course!  They will be singing Some Nights by Fun.  They sound FABULOUS!!  This is a picture of their rehearsal. 


Savannah was also in the school spelling.  She was 7th place!!  You go girl!  She didn't even study...she's just s great speller.


It's been chilly around here, so I made some delicious homemade soup...Tuscan Chick Pea soup!  It was pretty yummy and vegetarian.  Jonas asked..."where's the meat?" :)

School mornings are not a pleasurable thing around here.  Savannah is probably the hardest to wake up.  I told her she better get up or I was gonna take her picture and post it!!  Ha ha!!


 Movies have been a big things at our house lately.  We've always enjoyed them, but lately is seems we are watching more than usual.  I guess it's the cold weather.  Lorelei was watching The Lorax while holding the Lorax!!  Movies are not complete without the popcorn!  Lorelei is a huge fan of popcorn!!






Jonas was watching The Lorax too...Savannah took this picture with Instagram!  Isn't it wonderful!


For a treat last night I took the kids to Starbuck's for a bedtime snack!  Notice Jonas and Lorelei are in their jammies!  Plus they brought their favorite Christmas presents, their Scentsy Buddies, Patch and Penny.
 
Savannah enjoyed her hot chocolate and double fudge brownie!

 
 
John's been busy with multiple projects around the house...the fireplace (the gas insert died and then the new insert called for some upgrades to the general appearance), refacing the cabinets, starting with the master bath medicine cabinets (from boring brown to antique white) and new flooring!!   I'll keep you posted on those projects.  We have tons of ideas, but limited time.  It's hard to squeeze projects in on the weekends in addition to the usual weekend chores of cleaning and laundry!!   
 
I'm enjoying my last few weeks in my thirties!!  My birthday is fast approaching..the big 4-0!!  Savannah is planning a Fiesta Forty party for me.  If you don't get an invite...take it up with her! ;)
 
Well...I'm procrastinating.  I have report cards to finish up.  They are due at 7:45 a.m. tomorrow!!   
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...