Skip to main content

Around here...

 I thought I would do a great, long overdue post on what's been going on with the Boyen Bunch, but first let me honor those who were lost on Dec.14...

This national tragedy, hits so close to my heart... it's been difficult to grasp...the senseless shooting of 26 people (20 children) in Newtown, CT at an elementary school.  My thoughts and continuous prayers go out to all the families affected by this tragedy.  And as mother and a teacher, my heart aches with sadness.

Around here...

Since I last posted we've...

~Celebrated both boys birthdays with parties.
~Went on a variety of field trips... Natural Bridge Caverns and the pumpkin patch times 2!
~Trick or treated twice (once on a hayride, once on foot!).
~Enjoyed a much deserved week break during Thanksgiving.
~Climbed Enchanted Rock!
~Showed our love and gratitude for food and family on Thanksgiving day.
~Spent a day at the ranch.
~I became a stage mom!!
~Had many rehearsals to prep us for our performances in December: Bailey's 3 orchestra performances and Savannah, Jonas and my, Nanny Claus the musical performances.
~Had an Elf show up at our house.
~Decorated for the holidays
~Survived the week of 6 performances!

Jonas' trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Savannah's journey below at the Natural Bridge Caverns

Lorelei and Mommy at the Pumpkin Patch!


Out for sushi for Bailey's birthday!  13!!!

Bailey's 13th Birthday party with friends.


Lorelei on the hayride.

Trick or treating on Halloween...one big kid, one ninja, one butterfly princess and one Lucy!

Jonas' birthday dinner at Pei Wei!

Jonas' 7th birthday party...a Lego theme!

Hiking Enchanted Rock during Thanksgiving break.

Hiking buddies!

Lunch out with the little ones during Thanksgiving break at Freddy's!

Annual family picture on Thanksgiving!

Playing in the creek at the ranch!

Christmas Decor!

Our elf Finland arrives!

Bailey at his Region Orchestra Concert...First chair viola!!

Yes...it's been an exhausting few months!

The assistant director and my little stars!  Savannah and Jonas both had leads in the school's Christmas musical, Nanny Claus!


Pre-show!

The polar bear in Jonas' class.
 

Bailey about to perform with the Roamin' Gladiators, the top 5 strings players in the school!!

I am looking forward to wrapping up this last week of school and then enjoying 2 weeks of winter break and of course...the holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...