...but yourself. I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone. "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above. In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...
Some days I feel like I've done it all. To look at me, you might say, "Now that's an ordinary mom". Dig a little deeper and you'll find I've led a pretty interesting life, done some extraordinary things, especially once I became a mother of four wonderful, extremely different children, who are now young adults. Unique personalities and needs, all wonderful, trying, and glorious at the same time!

There seems to be an epidemic in that row. Is the little girl in pink also part of the Boyen bunch or someone who saw Jonah napping and thought to follow suit?
ReplyDeleteFunny!
No...Jonas was really asleep and the girl in pink is my niece Brieley and she was totally faking it!! She saw Jonas was asleep and decided to play along. :)
ReplyDelete