Skip to main content

Supermom addendum...

I thought about this a bit and should have added it to the last post.  A BIG clarification on the "supermom" status. 

In my eyes a supermom is far from perfect...it's not about perfection, as much as it is about the effort put behind every action we take as mothers.  In all of the activities of the day I must clarify this...

1.  I made mistakes.  But I don't dwell on them and beat myself up...I learn from them and go with the flow.

2.  I yelled at my children.  Not a mean yell...I'm just loud.  I blame it on years in theater and being a classroom teacher.

3.  I cursed.  Yes...at home, not at school.  It really does relieve stress.  I'm not saying it is right...it is a bad example, a moment of being a terrible role model.  But I am human (so maybe not such a supermom after all?)

4. I lost my patience, at least once (OK, probably more than once).

5.  It's not all rose colored glasses over here.  My kids fight, don't listen, make messes, dance in the kitchen at dinner time instead of eating, name call and just overall...act like kids should.  But, at the end of the day (literally), they love each other and are thankful and appreciative of me and show me in so many ways that they love their momma!

If loving my kids and hubby with every ounce of my being makes me a supermom...then each and everyone of us certainly qualifies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...