Skip to main content

Intentions...

So I had some big intentions this week, but as life with children is unpredictable, those intentions may not come to fruition.  Today I had hoped for an actual shopping trip of leisure to the...wait for it...MALL.  Not just any mall, but the infamous La Cantera, a heavenly little sanctuary of shopping.  I was even considering a delightful lunch at PF Changs.  These plans were promptly change when Bailey's simple cold, turned ugly.  Full blown sinus infection with both an inner AND outer ear infection.  Did I mention it was oozing when he awoke this morning?  Oh, and the 103 fever was another nice clue our day would not be going as intended.  Well, being a practical woman, I decided if I had to take Bailey to the doctor, I might as well take the girls for their well visits!  Our wonderful doctor promptly confirmed the diagnosis of inner and outer ear infection, with most likely, a ruptured ear drum (hence the oozing!).  That means no swimming for a while.  That's a real bummer, since it has been our main form of entertainment this summer.  Both the girls were great, healthy, growing well, and smart.  Lorelei aced her early childhood development sheet!  Go Lorelei!  With even a compliment from the pediatrician on her lovely drawing of a person,  (a side note...they have to draw a person with at least 5 parts by the age of 5...Lorelei's had 6 at age 4, such a smartie :)!!)  Lorelei bravely had to get 4 vaccinations! OUCH!  But the nurse said she'd never seen a child take it so well, she didn't really cry, just made a terrible red face and said "Ow" quite loudly.  I told her shots were a breeze compared to the other things our little Lorelei has already been through in her short life. 
So we head back home, Bailey's fever spikes to 103.7 and Lorelei now has sore legs.  Dinner, ibuprofen and bed are definitely called for.
As for the rest of the week, I was hoping, intending to paint a room in my house.  I have plenty that need painted: the kitchen/ breakfast room, family room accent wall, Lorelei's room, Jonas' room, Bailey's room, 3 bathroom, the dining room.  I think I'll start with the kitchen.  We spend the most time there and I will get the most pleasure from viewing that room painted. 
I think I'll keep my intentions this week simple, being the week already started out a bit differently than planned.  Perhaps by Friday, Bailey will feel well enough to attempt our shopping and lunch trip.  Any one interested in joining me!?  For painting or shopping! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...