Skip to main content

The Boyen Bunch Week in Review...

Who needs romance and adventure and travel, when you have KIDS!! My week in a nutshell...

Monday: Regular school day (so I thought!) Student taken away by ambulance after severe asthma attack in classroom! She was crying and coughing and I just KNEW she couldn't breathe. I rushed her to the nurses office, then after two neubulizers treatments, Nursie called 911. Then followed by a faculty meeting with TAKS training. BORING! (I like, need and welcome boring!).

Tuesday: Regular school day, tutoring 4th grade math after school, visit to Urgent Care with Bailey to follow. Bailey got an ant bite, that just kept growing and growing and GROWING! I could ignore it no longer. He had to have it lanced, drained and cut away. Topical antibiotics and regular antibiotics to the rescue!! Hand saved!

Wednesday: Regular school day, followed by a Wal-Mart trip with all 4 kids. Let me just say, I absolutely hate shopping with all four kids. It should be considered an act of insanity. I had a list of items, which included some craft stuff, which is why I even choose to go to Wal-Mart, say instead of a grocery trip AND a Hobby Lobby trip. Lorelei was in, then out, then in, then out of the cart. How I even accomplished my list without forgetting anything is beyond me. Bailey complained of all the walking back and forth. "Well...if you all would quit distracting me, I might not forget what I was in the aisle for any ways!" (Moment of mommy frustration, wishing I had a flask of something in my diaper bag!) Home to unpack it all, throw together dinner (mostly pizza leftovers from the night before since I was at the Urgent Care with Bailey till 7:30!). Savannah and I then made homemade, handcrafted Dora the Explorer invites for Lorelei's 3rd birthday party. AND yes, I am "Supermom", if you were wondering. AND no, I simply cannot buy already made invites, because then they would remove my "Supermom" status.

Thursday: Fiesta celebrations and Earth Day at school. Kinder float parade at 2:00. Incredible amount of noise...my ears are still ringing! 4th Grade tutoring, final session! Yeah! Home to hurry up and clean up the house for my Brownie troop meeting at 6:30. Yes, I am the leader. And no, I'm really truly not insane. Or a gluten for punishment. Just and over-achieving Supermom. While cleaning, I discover Jonas has fallen asleep with Silly Putty in his hand Wed. night. It's all over his sheets and jammies. I attempt to remove said Silly Putty, only to have Brownies begin to arrive at the door. Someone suggest sticking the jammies in the freezer. OK...Meeting begins, 8 silly, giggling girls. We are making Fiesta Flower/Ribbon crowns. Tissue paper flowers, pipe cleaners and curling ribbon!! Who knew it would take 45 minutes to help the girls make one!! Adorable just the same. Meeting over, commence bedtime!

Friday: DAY OFF!!!! Yeah for Fiesta and Battle of the Flowers! A city wide celebration in San Antonio! Slept in till 8:30, made French Vanilla Oatmeal pancakes for breakfast! YUM! Then discover while making my bed...MORE BLASTED SILLY PUTTY!!! I kid you not. Finally googled (Google is my BEST FRIEND!) "How to remove silly putty from fabric." Rubbing alcohol to the rescue! And now I sit waiting for the washer to do the rest. Lorelei and Savannah are playing quietly in her room, Jonas and Bailey are playing LEGO Star Wars on the X-Box and I am savoring the thoughts of what I might just do next! You know us Supermom's never do get to rest! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...