Well, those two months sure did fly by! Actually, I'd like to say the last 70 days flew by, as today is the big day Jonas crosses the finish line in Anchorage, Alaska, after biking all the way from Austin! I spent the summer debating whether to go to Alaska. In fact, I drove everyone crazy with my indecisiveness! At first, Jonas told me not to come, because he would be too tired to really enjoy Anchorage after all the biking. He had heard from previous T4K Alumni that the first few days you just want to sleep. At the end of June, Jonas changed his mind and said I could come if I wanted to. I started researching flights and accommodations. It was just so expensive. In the end, Jonas and I talked it out and decided against me going. Of course, today, I feel nothing but regret for making this decision. Luckily, tonight there will be a live feed of them crossing the finish line, and plenty of the other parents promise to give Jonas hugs and kudos.
I've received many FaceTimes and photos throughout his journey. I obsessed daily about his teammates' Instagram posts with updates. It was the thrill of my summer to live this experience vicariously.
He stopped by the Swiftcurrent Lodge where we stayed a few summers back in Estes Park!I checked his location multiple times a day! Mom stalking!
He has the most amazing teammates/friends with him on this journey.
And I think they had a bit of fun!
Each border crossing deserved a celebration!
They had such unique accommodations along the way...churches, gymnasiums, libraries, museums, hosts' homes, camping, and I'm sure I missed something. I loved asking, "So where are you sleeping tonight?"
Crossing back into the USA!
A cool fuel tanker had a camera on it and captured the group on the ride.
Alaska! Go team Rockies!
He looks tired... but he must be so happy to be so close to the finish line.






Comments
Post a Comment