Skip to main content

July came in with a boom, and went by in a flash!

Really, July 23rd already?  Where did this month go?  I know how it started...with a BOOM!

On an unplanned, celebratory whim, John and I decided to take the kids, for the 4th of July weekend, to the beach in Port Aransas.  This July 4th marked the 20th anniversary of the night John and I met and we wanted it to be a memorable day again.  So, I placed a call to the Seashell Village Resort in Port A and hoped maybe they would have an available room, (mind you, it's July 3rd...crazy, no hopeful!).  Not only was a room available for two nights, it slept 6 and had a kitchenette!  Perfect, as if it was meant to be.  I quickly packed up (well, as quickly as a mother can pack 4 kids and herself...John, you're on your own!), dropped Delilah, the oversized puppy off with friends and we hit the road! 

It was a great couple of days...we walked to the beach the first night, spent the ENTIRE day at the beach on the 4th!  Yes, we got burnt a little.  We grilled out by the pool at the resort and had traditional hot dogs and hamburgers.  At 8:30 we headed out to find a spot to watch fireworks...and boy, did we get lucky.  Easy parking, perfect view, perfect again, as if it was meant to be.  They were incredible fireworks, the best I've seen in years.  The kids LOVED them!!
Here's some moments captured on film...
Our first walk...it was pitch black...I was using my EVO camera...no night mode!

The Boyen Beach set-up...looking like we came prepared!

Happy boy!

Savannah building a sand castle.

Lorelei is ready to hit the waves!

Camera shy Bailey's going to try to "belly board".


Beach baby...

Our Boyen Bunch!
Twenty years...still smiling! ;)

Incredible!

This about sums it up...exhausting, in a amazingly, fun and memorable way!
The rest of the month went by so quickly, it's all a blur!  But what an amazing start we had...a July 4th none of us will ever forget, in fact we just might make this the new Boyen tradition...July 4th at the Coast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing can bring you peace...

  ...but yourself.  I read the most amazing quote last night in a book I've been reading by Lori Gottlieb, Maybe You Should Talk to Someone.  "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  I wrote the following paragraph two weeks ago, before ever reading the quote above.  In 2026, my 53rd year, I'm focusing on peace. I want to find my peace, protect my peace, cultivate my peace. This year's word of the year has strong ties to last year's word, relax. Relax is more of a temporary state of being or an activity that reduces stress. I did an okay job of being more relaxed last year, but I still found myself feeling anxious and worried about the little and big things, more than I liked. Peace, on the other hand, is more of a state of being. I hope to embrace peace in my heart and mind. Peace can be deep, stable, and persistent. That even if th...

Dinner...

Would two posts in one day be too much?! Well I am going for it! Dinner tonight was fast and fabulous, so I had to share. I guess I'll call it Tortelinni with chicken, broccoli and bacon cream sauce. Only I didn't actually use cream! It was Macaroni Grill delish! And the kids gobbled it up! Recipe: Ingredients: Two large chicken breast cubed Frozen or dried tortelinni Small onion diced Large clove of garlic chopped Handful of mushrooms chopped Applewood smoked bacon-about 5 slices chopped Cup of cooked broccoli 3/4 cup of milk 3 tablespoons of butter 1 tablespoon of flour Olive oil Salt and pepper Parmesan cheese On medium heat in a sautée pan, melt 1 tblsp of butter with some olive oil. Boil some water for the tortelinni. Sautée the onion and garlic till translucent. Add bacon. After a few minutes add the chopped chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook till slightly browned. Add the other 2 tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with flour. Toss an...

"Spring" into Summer

I've officially been on summer vacation for a week now, even though technically, according to the calendar, it's still spring. It's the earliest I've ever gotten out of school as a teacher. Can't decide if I like it or not! The kids have been done with their semester since the beginning of May, although Savannah's graduate program never really ends, so she's still knee-deep in classes, exams, and labs. We are inching our way into summer, more than "springing" into it. The usual "mayhem" of Maycember seemed more "peace"ful this year (see what I did there?), although we did squeeze a lot into April and May. March wrapped up with my second Spring Break with Jonas and Lorelei. Lorelei met with a specialist in Houston, so we had a mini trip just the two of us.  When we got home, Jonas was able to get a ride back to spend some time at home. We had a fun day in San Antonio doing some of our favorite things.  Nowhere Bookshop... Train r...