Skip to main content

The Boyen Bunch Week in Review...

Who needs romance and adventure and travel, when you have KIDS!! My week in a nutshell...

Monday: Regular school day (so I thought!) Student taken away by ambulance after severe asthma attack in classroom! She was crying and coughing and I just KNEW she couldn't breathe. I rushed her to the nurses office, then after two neubulizers treatments, Nursie called 911. Then followed by a faculty meeting with TAKS training. BORING! (I like, need and welcome boring!).

Tuesday: Regular school day, tutoring 4th grade math after school, visit to Urgent Care with Bailey to follow. Bailey got an ant bite, that just kept growing and growing and GROWING! I could ignore it no longer. He had to have it lanced, drained and cut away. Topical antibiotics and regular antibiotics to the rescue!! Hand saved!

Wednesday: Regular school day, followed by a Wal-Mart trip with all 4 kids. Let me just say, I absolutely hate shopping with all four kids. It should be considered an act of insanity. I had a list of items, which included some craft stuff, which is why I even choose to go to Wal-Mart, say instead of a grocery trip AND a Hobby Lobby trip. Lorelei was in, then out, then in, then out of the cart. How I even accomplished my list without forgetting anything is beyond me. Bailey complained of all the walking back and forth. "Well...if you all would quit distracting me, I might not forget what I was in the aisle for any ways!" (Moment of mommy frustration, wishing I had a flask of something in my diaper bag!) Home to unpack it all, throw together dinner (mostly pizza leftovers from the night before since I was at the Urgent Care with Bailey till 7:30!). Savannah and I then made homemade, handcrafted Dora the Explorer invites for Lorelei's 3rd birthday party. AND yes, I am "Supermom", if you were wondering. AND no, I simply cannot buy already made invites, because then they would remove my "Supermom" status.

Thursday: Fiesta celebrations and Earth Day at school. Kinder float parade at 2:00. Incredible amount of noise...my ears are still ringing! 4th Grade tutoring, final session! Yeah! Home to hurry up and clean up the house for my Brownie troop meeting at 6:30. Yes, I am the leader. And no, I'm really truly not insane. Or a gluten for punishment. Just and over-achieving Supermom. While cleaning, I discover Jonas has fallen asleep with Silly Putty in his hand Wed. night. It's all over his sheets and jammies. I attempt to remove said Silly Putty, only to have Brownies begin to arrive at the door. Someone suggest sticking the jammies in the freezer. OK...Meeting begins, 8 silly, giggling girls. We are making Fiesta Flower/Ribbon crowns. Tissue paper flowers, pipe cleaners and curling ribbon!! Who knew it would take 45 minutes to help the girls make one!! Adorable just the same. Meeting over, commence bedtime!

Friday: DAY OFF!!!! Yeah for Fiesta and Battle of the Flowers! A city wide celebration in San Antonio! Slept in till 8:30, made French Vanilla Oatmeal pancakes for breakfast! YUM! Then discover while making my bed...MORE BLASTED SILLY PUTTY!!! I kid you not. Finally googled (Google is my BEST FRIEND!) "How to remove silly putty from fabric." Rubbing alcohol to the rescue! And now I sit waiting for the washer to do the rest. Lorelei and Savannah are playing quietly in her room, Jonas and Bailey are playing LEGO Star Wars on the X-Box and I am savoring the thoughts of what I might just do next! You know us Supermom's never do get to rest! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less is more...

less stress less work less talking less people pleasing less saying yes less social media less noise less chaos less guilt And most importantly... less explaining myself And unfortunately, it seems I have made less time for writing and blogging, which makes me feel like I need to explain myself! 😂 This year my word of the year is "l ess" . I've written this blog for 13 years now. Social media was just getting started. I started the blog, not to overly share my life, but as a way to document it like a baby book or photo album would. Now everyone shares their life story (and then some) on social media. I've told myself I would be doing "less" of that this year. I love sharing stories about my kids, my family, and my adventures in life, but I want to do more here, and less on social media.  But as I was focusing on the less in life, I stepped away from here for a bit longer than planned. It is my reflective space, where I can gather my thoughts an

Motherhood...

    Mother's Day, 2023~Reflections from a Mommy blogger And sometimes it seems like the manual is missing important chapters and sections I need! I have learned a lot and done my best over these years to be there for my children in every way possible. My four children are so different and unique that mothering them has never left a dull moment. They have each presented joys and challenges to me. I can with 100% confidence say the greatest accomplishment of my life has been raising four amazing children to teens and young adulthood. They have made me stronger and wiser in so many ways. Lorelei helped me earn a Mommy MD with all of her unique medical issues and showed me what grace and gratitude look likes like in tough situations. Jonas has schooled me in subjects, academics, and philosophy well beyond my interest. Savannah has shown me what true joy and drive can accomplish in life in just a short time. Bailey has shared a love and gift of music with me,  pushing me to improve my o

T'was the night before 50...

  Yikes! I can't believe I turn the big 5-0 tomorrow. I'm going into my 50s brighter, stronger, and feistier than ever. I am ready to take on whatever life throws at me and excited for the upcoming adventures of this year.  2023 is already off to a strong start. There hasn't been too much going on other than school, diving, and a few too many hospital visits this month. We had a workday for our first day back after Winter break. The girls brought me lunch and stole me away from work,  just a wee bit early.  Jandro moved up to Austin with Savannah this month. So far, so good! I love when "Scientist Savannah" sends me pictures from the lab! Her Spring semester is off and running.   Lorelei had two major dive meets this month, including Districts. I love how she gives it her all still, no matter how difficult it may be for her.  Proud parents! After John saw this picture, he promptly trimmed his beard.  Her district teammates are all so supportive of each other, even